Complex of Gas Plant buildings 4694 (previous code G21K), historical part of the city
Building - 22194 (previous code G21K1), 47 Liepu St.
Gas storage - 22195 (previous code G21K2), 47a Liepu St.
Gas storage - 22196 (previous code G21K3), 47b Liepu St.
Architect - J. Hartmanas
Built in late 19th – early 20th c
The Gas Plant was opened in 1861. The complex of the plant consisted of several buildings of different size, only 3 of which survived: a red brick two-storeyed building with attic and basement, with a gable roof, previously an administrative building with an apartment for Director, built in 1867. An octagonal red brick gas storage and another gas storage of the same shape, built in 1867. The storages were used for the extraction of gas, coke, tar and ammoniac water. In 1892 - 1894, reconstruction was carried out in accordance with designs of engineer Sharas.