House 16961 (previous code S391), Historical part of the city
Built in 1930
In 1938 - 1939 a composer and pianist professor Stasys Vainiunas (1909 - 1982) lived there.
A red brick stucco one-storeyed house of the asymmetric plan has a cellar and a garret. The main facade is decorated with the jetty that has the half-columns and stucco moldings of the Jugend style, the balcony. The building of a merchant was built in the beginning of the 20th century. There are retrospective classic details mixed up with the tendencies of modern style on the facade of the building.