Building 16959 (previous code S390), Historical part of the city
Built in 1910,
In 1920 - 1936 the first Klaipeda public library was operating.
The plan of the year 1840 indicates that the plot belonged to the shelter-hospital. In the beginning the garret was uninhabited but later there were rooms arranged. In the second half of the 19th century only women lived in this shelter. In the beginning of the 20th century there was a teachers’ seminary. In 1920 there was a delivery desk in one room and two other rooms served as storage for the books. Later there were established youth, music and literature sections in the library. In 1936 the library was moved to another building in the same street.